All of the Highlands' finest wildlife in one action-packed week!
DATES: 15 Apr - 22 Apr 2017
Although this holiday has now taken place we think the following holidays may be of interest to you:
|Programme Title||Theme||Holiday Dates||Availability|
|Adventure in a Highland Landscape:||Aigas Wildlife||26 Aug - 2 Sep 2017||Fully Booked|
|Aigas Wildlife:||Aigas Wildlife||2 Sep - 9 Sep 2017||Places Available|
|Aigas Wildlife:||Aigas Wildlife||9 Sep - 16 Sep 2017||Fully Booked|
|Aigas Wildlife:||Aigas Wildlife||23 Sep - 30 Sep 2017||Places Available|
|Whisky & Wildlife:||Aigas Wildlife||30 Sep - 7 Oct 2017||Please Ring Office|
The huge Aigas success for 40 years and what we are internationally famous for are our Aigas Wildlife Weeks.
Each week will be based at Aigas and will spend six full days (7 nights) exploring the stunning hills, glens, forests, coasts and marshes of the Highlands producing breathtaking encounters with eagles, pine martens, otters, black throated divers, deer, crossbills, badgers and much more.
Programmes shift with the turning season, specialising on whatever aspect of wildlife is current. Our highly trained and qualified rangers will escort you in small groups to share the wonders of the wild Highlands.
Programmes include a short optional ranger-led walk on every day.
All Aigas Wildlife guests will enjoy an optimal number of eight guests to one ranger both in the field and on the road.
Highlights include (with seasonal variation):
- Visits to our local peregrine and osprey breeding sites (in season).
- Evening pine marten and badger watches in our own hides.
- Caledonian pine forest – black grouse, crossbills, crested tits, brilliant wildflowers in season – twin flower, orchids etc.
- A dawn run to search for otters (or black grouse in April.)
- Ecoventures boat trip to see the bottlenose dolphins of the Moray Firth.
- A day on the west coast to find sea eagles, cetaceans and the three species of diver.
- A mountain and glen day for spectacular scenery, golden eagles, black and red-throated divers, ravens and red deer, sundews, butterwort, bog asphodel.
- A loch and wetland visit for ospreys, waders and wildfowl.
- An estuary visit for coastal and seabirds, guillemots, razorbills, waders, gulls, geese and ducks, as well as coastal flowers.
- Warm family hospitality and home cooking in the House of Aigas.
No wonder our wildlife weeks are such a hit! Well over 100 species of birds seen in a week, delightful mammals, dazzling scenery, unique facilities. Book early – these weeks are popular!
NB - In 2017 there is one shorter week in April. The programme for these weeks will be determined at the time according to what the wildlife is up to.
If you can't decide what time of year to come see our seasonal wildlife page.
All Aigas based holidays are all inclusive and have no single supplement. Read more here.
"A truly wonderful experience. I have learned so much in a short time. Lovely people, accommodation good, very interesting activities and food, FAB! Would recommend."
Sue Warner, Aigas Wildlife. Read more testimonials here.